My mom has always been a fan of Mexican flavors - salsa, sour cream, cilantro, red peppers, and so on. These 4 items are practically a guarantee to be in that fridge. It may not sound very festive, but think about it! You have the red of the salsa and peppers, the green of the cilantro, the white of the sour cream...the colors of Christmas! Throw a couple eggs into the mix and you have one festively colored, absolutely delicious way to start the day!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
Servings: 1 person
You Will Need:
- 2 TBS diced red pepper
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- a pat of butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 spoonfuls salsa
- 2-3 spoonfuls sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place butter in a small pan (see above photo - you want your eggs to fits the pan while cooking) and melt on medium heat. Add red pepper and saute for about one minute, until color seems to mellow out.
- Spread red pepper around pan and break open eggs over the red pepper (the eggs should spread and cover the surface of the pan). Immediately sprinkle cilantro all over as to let it cook into the egg itself.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Let eggs continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes, depending on how done you want them to be.
- Slide egg directly onto plate out of the pan. Dollop with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
What is your favorite holiday breakfast?