I made more than is necessary for two people (gotta feed the boyfriend, too!). But that's alright because now I've got lunch for tomorrow all set. I'm feeling my day turn around for the better at last.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
You Will Need:
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 6 TBS salted butter
- 1 1/2 cup sliced baby bella or portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 TBS caper liquid
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano
- grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large bowl of boiling, salted water according to package instructions, probably somewhere around 5 minutes.
- While bringing water for pasta to a boil, melt butter in a large saucepan on low. Increase heat to medium high and add mushrooms and capers, tossing to coat. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes until butter thickens and sauce becomes fragrant.
- When pasta is ready, reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest. Immediately add pasta to the saucepan with butter sauce and toss to coat, letting cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta cooking liquid, caper liquid, white wine vinegar, and sea salt, tossing to coat and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add fresh oregano and mix in. Top each bowl with grated parmesan to serve. And if desired, add a little more sea salt.
What is your go-to food on a bad day?