I knew straight away that I wanted egg cups to be my contribution. After all they are delicious, beautiful, and easy to transport.
They were a perfect savory edition to Dajung's waffles. We also had salmon and chicken nuggets, donut-cookies (yes, donut-cookies! Speculoos filled nonetheless!), lemon curd, fresh fruit, banana bread, and tiramisu. It was quite the feast!
Now go make these for your next potluck brunch! And if you've made both versions of my egg cups, I'm curious to know which one is your favorite. Let me know in the comments below!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: makes 6 cups
You Will Need:
- 6oz smoked salmon slices (each piece about 1oz)
- 12 pieces peeled and thinly sliced cucumber, divided
- 1 loose TBS thinly sliced red onion, divided
- about 1 TBS capers, divided (3 capers for each cup)
- 1 TBS dijonnaise, divided
- 6 large eggs
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 1oz smoked salmon per cup (6 cups total). No need to oil/butter/spray the tin as the smoked salmon is fatty enough to prevent sticking.
- Place 2 pieces cucumber, a few red onion slices, and 3 capers in each cup.
- Add 1/2 tsp dijonnaise to each cup and sprinkle just a little bit of sea salt in each.
- Crack open an egg into each cup. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until eggs are set and whites are baked through. Cool for 5 minutes and serve. Enjoy!