I've come to really love meals that come together quickly and can be made as one serving just as easily as two or four servings. This flatbread is just that. Cooking just for you? Make one. Cooking for more? No problem! Make as many as you need with barely anymore effort.
As for living that single life? It's got its ups and downs, but when I sit down with my tomato zucchini flatbread for one with a nice glass of wine and I'm watching The Sopranos on the first cool Sunday of the season...it feels pretty damn good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes (*more if needing to roast garlic)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 8-inch flatbread
You Will Need:
- 1 8-inch flatbread
- 1 medium san marzano (or other plum) tomato, sliced
- about 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS roasted garlic (about 3 cloves)*
- 2 TBS pesto
- fresh grated parmesan
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a small baking sheet, brush the flatbread with some olive oil. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, until flatbread is slightly golden brown and getting crisp.
- Remove flatbread from the oven and spread on the roasted garlic. Then spread on the pesto.
- Layer tomato slices and zucchini slices all over flatbread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with desired amount of grated parmesan and dried oregano. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before cutting. Enjoy!