Earlier this week I snacked on a pear with some almond butter at work. I loved the two flavors together and decided to recreate it this morning. Oats just made perfect sense in my mind to bring it all together!
This really requires so little effort which is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. It's just as easy to make a solo batch (as I did this morning because Anthony slept in much later than I did!) as it is to make a giant batch for family and friends to enjoy. Simply multiply the recipe according to how many people you are cooking for. Served with a fresh cup of coffee or tea it's absolutely perfect. Ahh...this morning was good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Servings: 1 person
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking steel cut oats (**make sure you are buying gluten free oats if you are wanting the recipe to be GF!)
- pinch of salt (for cooking the oats)
- 1 TBS almond butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup diced pear (I used bosc pear)
- Boil 1 cup of water in a small pot with a pinch of salt. Once at a boil, stir in oats then cover and lower to a simmer. Stir every few minutes until it is cooked to your desired thickness.
- When oats are done, place in a bowl. Split almond butter into small scoops and dollop all over oats.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add pear in a small pile in the middle of the dish. Sprinkle with just a tad more cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!