Of course you can put this on any type of toast you like, but I highly recommend sourdough. Generally all sorts of sourdough is all I eat, but I think the flavor seriously compliments the nutritional yeast, egg, and avocado better than a non-sourdough toast would.
I also like to think of this as "shooting star egg toast" - if you can manage the right yolk position (like pictured above) it sort of looks that way, right? Right.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes
Servings: 1 person
You Will Need:
- 1 piece sourdough bread
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 large egg
- coconut or olive oil (for pan)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- sprinkle of sea salt
- sprinkle of dried red chili flakes
- Toast the sourdough bread to your desired doneness. Spread avocado onto bread.
- While prepping the toast, add a splash of oil into a small pan over low-medium heat on the stove. Coat pan to avoid sticking.
- Crack egg into pan and cook until white is mostly set (2-3 minutes), then flip and cook on the other side for an additional 10 seconds to 1 minute (the more time you leave it the more your yolk will be cooked through - i.e. 10 seconds is over-easy, 1 minute is over-hard).
- Add egg on top of avocado. Sprinkle nutritional yeast, sea salt, and chili flakes across the top. Enjoy!