Last Monday morning when I was thinking about breakfast I wasn't entirely sure what to make. We had no eggs and no smoothie ingredients, but we did have bread. So I did a quick scan over my inventory list again and remembered that in addition to the blueberries I had a small jar of almond butter. The idea for these toasts just made perfect sense - I don't know why I hadn't thought this up before!
As for the almond butter, you may use any kind that strikes your fancy. I just happened to have a vanilla bean and espresso flavored one that paired awesomely with the blueberries, but a simple, plain almond butter would work just as well. I encourage you to play with all sorts of nut butters using this recipe!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2-5 minutes (depending on your toaster)
Servings: 1 person
You Will Need:
- 1 piece healthy bread (I used whole grain and seed bread)
- 2 TBS almond butter
- 15-20 blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- Toast your bread in your preferred method and to your desired done-ness.
- Spread almond butter onto toast.
- Place blueberries on top pressing slightly to keep them in place.
- Drizzle with honey. Enjoy!!!