I'm all for the classic style salsa, but being in Australia I just had to take advantage and make a mango version. So make this, close your eyes, and pretend you're on the beach enjoying every last bite. And make sure to tuck this recipe into safe-keeping for summer, when you actually are at the beach!
This salsa can be served with tortilla chips, on fish tacos, atop grilled bread, mixed into a salad, you name it. Play around and see what your favorite serving method is.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour resting
Servings: makes about 2 1/2 cups
You Will Need:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 loose cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 large or 2 small garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Let rest, covered with plastic wrap, in fridge for one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips or however else you may typically use salsa.
How do you plan on serving this salsa?