This all comes together so quickly that it is so easy to make on a work/school night. It's also very easy finger food, so it's a great addition to a party of any sort!
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 5 minutes for dip
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: makes 24-30 nuggets, 1/2 cup dip
You Will Need:
For the Nuggets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBS parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or aluminum foil (if foil, spray with oil or butter to make sure it is nonstick).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces. Toss pieces to coat in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and ground mustard seed in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken into eggs and let excess egg drip off. Then toss egg covered chicken pieces in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Spread chicken evenly in one layer on baking sheet. Spray or brush on olive oil or melted butter to help the pieces brown while baking.
- Place chicken in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- For the dip (can be done up to a day in advance, the longer it sits the stronger the flavors will be), combine dijon mustard, mayonnaise, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Serve nuggets and dip together. Enjoy!
What is your favorite dipping sauce with chicken nuggets?