Being that it was a Saturday night, my fridge was down to the last of the week's groceries. I didn't have much but I did have some produce still. A nice big eggplant, couple of bell peppers, radishes, spring onion...and skewers were just the obvious choice to use them all up.
As for the veggies, you can use whatever you like. I particularly like how well eggplant goes with the dip and recommend you try to make that one of the veggies you use. Other than that, it is really up to you and what your fridge has to offer!
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour wait time
Cook Time: 15-30 minutes (depending on grill)
Servings: 2 as a meal, 4 as a side
You Will Need:
for the dip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
for the veggie skewers
- 3 cups assorted veggies, diced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- To make dip, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Place in the refrigerator and let rest for at least 1 hour. Can be made a day in advance.
- To make the veggie skewers, put each diced veggie piece on the skewer through its thickest part, rotating what you put on each skewer. (my pattern was eggplant-green pepper-eggplant-radish-eggplant-spring onion-eggplant-white pepper-eggplant-green pepper-spring onion-eggplant. I had a lot of eggplant to use!)
- Drizzle skewers with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on a preheated grill (will cook faster on an electric grill, charcoal has a nicer flavor but you'll need a little more patience) and cook, rotating every few minutes, until veggies appear charred and have softened.
- Serve skewers right off the grill with the chilled yogurt dip. Enjoy!
What veggies would you put on your skewers?