This pasta dish was inspired fully by that scene. Haven't seen the movie yet? I recommend you make this with a friend or two and watch while eating (it's on Netflix currently!). And don't blame me when everyone wants seconds when they see that scene!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 people
You Will Need:
- 1 lb linguine (1 box)
- 1 TBS salt
- 7-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- additional sea salt, to taste
1) Bring a medium size pot of water with 1 TBS salt to a boil. Once boiling, Add linguine and stir occasionally, cooking to al dente according to directions on your pasta package.
2) While linguine cooks, Combine olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan and cook on medium low heat for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes and sauté a bit more. Keep on low heat while waiting for pasta to finish.
3) When pasta is al dente, save 1/4 cup cooking liquid and drain the rest. Immediately add pasta to sauté pan and using tongs toss to coat in garlic oil. Increase heat back up to medium and while cooking for another two minutes add lemon juice and pasta cooking liquid.
4) Add parsley, toss to coat, then remove from heat. Serve with sea salt for sprinkling across the top.
What movie food scene has inspired you to cook?