This pasta lets you indulge in yummy pasta carbs without making you feel totally guilty. After all, there are plenty of greens in the mix, too! Enjoy it served warm or cold - it's equally delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3-4 people
You Will Need:
- 1/2 lb linguine, broke in half
- 1/2 large zucchini, sliced thin medallions
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup packed chopped spinach
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 5 TBS salted butter
- 3 TBS white wine vinegar
- 2 TBS scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- grated parmesan, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, draining when finished but reserving 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan on medium-low heat for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add asparagus and zucchini to pan. Toss occasionally, once every minute or so, letting cook for 4 minutes.
- Add salt and red pepper flakes and toss again, letting cook for an additional minute.
- Add spinach and 1 TBS white wine vinegar, tossing occasionally until spinach is wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, add to the pan along with butter and stir to coat. Add the other 2 TBS white wine vinegar.
- Add the reserved pasta cooking liquid, scallions, and thyme, tossing to coat and let cook for just 1 more minute.
- To serve, sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
What are your favorite vegetables?