Buffalo chicken salad just seemed like the right way to go! It can be used in a number of different ways...whether it is eating it by itself, putting into a wrap, serving on sturdy lettuce or crackers, or - as I have done here - making a melt! We all know and love the classic tuna melt, but this spin on the classic will definitely leave you satisfied (and probably craving more).
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 cups
You Will Need:
- about 3 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie is what I use - no need to cook yourself!)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Louisiana style hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Melt
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 melt
You Will Need:
- 2 slices sturdy bread (I used Bread Alone's Whole Grain Health)
- 1/4 cup buffalo chicken salad
- 2-3 slices american cheese
- 1-2 TBS crumbled creamy danish blue cheese
- 1/2 TBS salted butter
- mayonnaise, for spreading
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on very low to low heat. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Once butter is melted, place first slice of bread mayonnaise side down in pan. Apply one piece american cheese. Top cheese with buffalo chicken salad. Top salad with blue cheese crumbles. Top with remaining american cheese. Finally, add second slice of bread mayo side up and gently push down.
- Let cook for about 2-3 minutes, until nicely browned. Carefully flip and repeat on other side.
- Remove from heat and cut in half (diagonally of course!). Serve immediately. Enjoy!