So I made this amazing broccoli dish! It involves minimal prep. Cooking = simply pop in the oven. It is such a pleasant combination of flavors! The earthiness of the broccoli, the saltiness of the pecorino, the smokiness of the bacon...all brought together by the deep tones of extra virgin olive oil.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 2 people
You Will Need:
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (roughly 1 large head)
- 3-4 strips thick bacon
- 2 tsp freshly grated pecorino, plus more to garnish
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil, brushing one with a little bit of oil (the broccoli sheet, to prevent sticking).
- On non-oiled baking sheet, place bacon strips in a single layer. Let cook in the oven for about 15 minutes until crispy.
- Toss broccoli in 1 TBS olive oil and 2 tsp pecorino. Get that cheese in every crevice! Spread in a single layer on oiled baking sheet. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- When bacon is done, take out of the oven and chop into minced pieces (see above photo for example). Resist the urge to eat all of the bacon right now!
- When broccoli is done, combine with bacon in a bowl and toss to mix evenly. Grate some more pecorino on top and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
What will you pair this delicious side dish with?