Of course I was eager to use it right away. I don't know about where you are, but here it is so humid and my living room/kitchen is boiling. The last thing I wanted to do was cook. So this salad popped in my head and it just made sense.
I used a blood orange infused olive oil that we bought on our trip to Australia back in March. You can use any citrus infused olive oil or just plain extra virgin if you prefer. You could even add a small amount of citrus zest if you want that component. It compliments the strawberries and acidity of the vinegar so well.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Servings: Makes about 3 cups
You Will Need:
- 1 lb strawberries, halved and quartered (depending on size)
- 1/3 cup packed basil, torn
- 1/2 cup cubed or crumbled feta
- 1 TBS blood orange infused olive oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small to medium bowl. Toss to combine and coat strawberries evenly. Enjoy!
Do you grow your own herbs? What have you made with them?