Buying food on the go can get pretty costly, not to mention may not always be the healthiest thing. So I'm taking "on-the-go" into my own hands. And I'm starting with these ham and spinach egg cups!
I don't mind waking up to cook breakfast, but I'm certainly going to look forward to that little bit of extra sleep I'll be getting this week. If only 19 year old Ali had thought of this...hopefully this recipe makes it into the hands of someone who needs it like I did!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: makes 12 egg cups
You Will Need:
- 12 slices of ham (I used maple glazed ham)
- 5oz container of baby spinach
- 3 tsp mayo (I used a garlic mayo for more flavor)
- 12 large eggs
- salt and red chili flakes to taste
- coconut or olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush oil inside 12 cups of a muffin tin.
- In a medium pot add spinach and enough water to go up about 1 inch. Bring to a boil and wilt spinach. Drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Using 1 slice of ham per muffin cup, line inside the cup (as shown above). If ham is larger than cup tear in half and double layer the bottom.
- Evenly distribute cooked spinach to each cup (as shown above).
- Add about 1/4 tsp of mayo to each cup (as shown above). Also sprinkle in some salt and red chili flakes to each cup.
- Crack open the eggs and put one into each cup (as shown above).
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from tins. Can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge for future breakfasts. Enjoy!