When I think Easter, I think boiled eggs, ham, rolls, and spring vegetables and fruit. I love a good, fresh fruit salad or fruit platter. And I love when it is paired with a creamy dip. Unfortunately those dips are full of cream and processed sugars, and when you are trying to cut back on the bad stuff it isn't exactly the best for you. So I decided to make a healthier version that still gives you that tangy goodness and delicious flavor.
The stars of the show are good, thick greek yogurt and cinnamon, however they would be nothing without their supporting ingredients. Lemon juice emphasizes the tang of the yogurt, meanwhile raw honey brightens the cinnamon and evens out any sour aspect. If you don't have raw honey don't stress it - you can use any type of honey you like. I prefer raw honey though as it seems to me to have a sweeter flavor.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: not necessary!
Servings: Makes just under 1/2 cup
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS raw honey (or any honey)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 TBS water, depending on desired thickness
- Combine greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add/stir in 1-2 TBS water, possibly more, to bring it to your desired thickness.
- Serve immediately or at a later date - lasts three days in the refrigerator.
What food are you most looking forward to this Easter?