You're probably thinking, "wait - isn't it usually 7-layer dip?" and you're not wrong to think so. But who says it has to be?! Really it was a matter of not having any salsa or wanting to buy any that made it 6 instead of 7 layers, but believe me when I tell you that you won't miss it. There are so many flavors happening already in this version of the well known dip!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
You Will Need:
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb ground beef and pork ("bork")
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup thick greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, cook ground meat breaking into pieces with a spatula. After about 1 minute, add onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until cooked through without overcooking. Set aside.
- Puree black beans and lime juice in a food processor. Spread on the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Spread half of the spiced meat on top of the bean puree.
- Spread the guacamole on top of the meat.
- Spread the rest of the meat on top of the guacamole.
- Combine yogurt and cilantro in a bowl and mix to stir. Spread cilantro yogurt on top of the meat.
- Spread the cheese on top of the yogurt.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, until the cheese on top has melted and started to brown. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving, it'll be hot! Serve with any style of tortilla chip you like.
What type of chip will you serve this with?