Don't get me wrong - there are some great pre-made hummus' out there. But when you could have a more delicious, healthy, clean version that happens to work out costing you less money to have it why would you go for the other stuff?
The most important part of a great snack is that you can't stop eating it. Don't be fooled by how delicious and addictive this hummus is - I promise it's healthy and you can go to town on it guilt-free!
Now whip up a batch for yourself or for your next holiday party...everyone will love the festive colors and having a health-conscious choice on the table.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Servings: makes about 2 cups
You Will Need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 7oz jar roasted red peppers (discard 1/3 liquid, keep the rest)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 TBS lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (except for the extra olive oil). Pulse a couple times, then let it run on low until smooth and fully integrated.
- Pour into a bowl. Using the back of a spoon, run the spoon in a swirl design on top. Drizzle with olive oil. That's it! Enjoy!