My boyfriend and I often snack on popcorn as an after dinner treat or for something to hold us over. A lot of people go for the microwave kind but not only are those little bags full of added ingredients that aren't great for you but the cost adds up and it's just not necessary! Making popcorn on your stove is super easy and you can customize any way you like!
This popcorn is the perfect mix of sweet, salty, and savory. All you need is a few ingredients to make it happen - I'm willing to bet most if not all are already in your pantry. I promise anyone can do this and once you do you'll wonder why you found it so intimidating in the first place!
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: makes about 2.5 cups
You Will Need:
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS popcorn kernels
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 TBS dark maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil and add a few loose popcorn kernels. Cover and let heat until kernels pop.
- Add the rest of popcorn kernels to the pot and toss to coat in oil. Place lid back on pot and let heat until all kernels are popped (listen for the popping to slow down and eventually stop). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile add butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook on low-medium heat, stirring. Once butter is completely melted add garlic powder and salt. Continue to stir until mixture starts to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat and immediately pour over popcorn.
- Toss popcorn until evenly coated with maple and garlic syrup. Enjoy!