When I'm sick I refuse to let it spoil eating food that I enjoy. I still have great food but make sure that it is something that will benefit me and help me feel better. So I decided to make myself a delicious smoothie that would be hydrating and full of all the vitamins I need to not just feel better but get better!
Of course you don't need to be sick to enjoy this smoothie. It's a great breakfast or after school/work treat...or even a delicious dessert after a backyard barbecue. It suits any time of day, really!
Personally, I like it not overly sweet, but if you find yourself wanting a little more sweetness feel free to add 1-2 tsp honey or agave. Totally up to you and your tastebuds.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Servings: 1-2 people (about 2 1/2 cups)
You Will Need:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tsp honey or agave (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times to start. Then turn onto the blend setting and let it blend for about 30 seconds. You want it to look smooth and see a whirlpool formed in the center (that is how you know it is mixing properly!). Pour into 1-2 glasses and serve immediately.
What do you eat when you are sick in the summer?