And that's where this delicious salad comes in. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries come together in all their berry-glory to brighten up a bed a spinach. With the addition of thinly sliced cucumber, creamy blue cheese, and a lemon vinaigrette it becomes instantly refreshing. Ahh, I can already feel that summer sun beating down on me.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Servings: 1 person
You Will Need:
for the salad:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled extra creamy blue cheese
for the vinaigrette:
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, or black pepper
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Spread out spinach on a large plate. Scatter on the cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Finally, scatter on the blue cheese and finish by drizzling on the lemon vinaigrette.
What summer salad is your favorite?