Have you all seen the movie Chef? I have a few times now and have not gotten tired of how many food-porn worthy scenes there are. My mouth waters practically the entire time! Anyway, you know the scene where Jon Favreau is cooking pasta for Scarlett Johansson at his apartment? I think that is where I drool the most. It's such a simple looking dish with his heart and soul going into it and Scarlett's reaction upon eating it looks soooo satisfying.
This pasta dish was inspired fully by that scene. Haven't seen the movie yet? I recommend you make this with a friend or two and watch while eating (it's on Netflix currently!). And don't blame me when everyone wants seconds when they see that scene!
What I really love about this recipe is how easy it is to follow and how quickly it comes together. Within 20 minutes you have dinner on the table in front of you. Plus, pasta is such a crowd pleaser - your friends, family, significant other, or whoever else you might be cooking for will love it!
Spicy Garlic and Herb Linguine
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 people
You Will Need:
- 1 lb linguine (1 box)
- 1 TBS salt
- 7-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- additional sea salt, to taste
1) Bring a medium size pot of water with 1 TBS salt to a boil. Once boiling, Add linguine and stir occasionally, cooking to al dente according to directions on your pasta package.
2) While linguine cooks, Combine olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan and cook on medium low heat for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes and sauté a bit more. Keep on low heat while waiting for pasta to finish.
3) When pasta is al dente, save 1/4 cup cooking liquid and drain the rest. Immediately add pasta to sauté pan and using tongs toss to coat in garlic oil. Increase heat back up to medium and while cooking for another two minutes add lemon juice and pasta cooking liquid.
4) Add parsley, toss to coat, then remove from heat. Serve with sea salt for sprinkling across the top.
What movie food scene has inspired you to cook?
I'm Ali! Living it up in Brooklyn. I love cooking, baking, crafting, crocheting - you name it! Most of what I cook is healthy for you (and equally delicious) with the occasional "not-healthy" meal (but so worth it). My passion truly lies with inspiring others not only to cook at home but to try new foods in the process!