Honestly, I had been feeling like I was at sort of at a standstill with post ideas. But this little exercise was just what I needed to get my creative juices flowing again! And let me tell you...I made a savory mango dish that I will certainly be making again.
If anything, I'll have to make it again soon for Anais to try - between me, my boyfriend, and my roommate, we devoured the first batch. And guess what? We all have 0% shame.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Combined 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 pastry cups
You Will Need:
- 5 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1 large sprig rosemary, stripped and chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 package puff pastry cups
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place bacon strips on sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, until shrunk nearly a third in size and starting to crisp. Pat dry of oils with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, garlic, and onion in a medium sauté pan and heat on very low/low, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Once bacon is out of the oven, turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Bake pastry cups according to package instructions.
- Crumble bacon by dicing with a knife or with your hands. Add bacon, mango, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mango filling evenly into each pastry cup. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
What was your latest cooking inspiration?